30.04.2014

Kyiv (29.04.2014)

First of all I want to thank all of you who wrote supportive comments to my previous post. It really means a lot to me, thank you!!! <3

Today I won't talk about nails. I had a chance to visit Kyiv yesterday and now I want to share with you some photos that I made there.
Of course I visited Maidan Nezalezhnosti ("Independence Square").


Words made of bricks mean: "Stop the propaganda, there's no fascism here".


This is how the Trade Unions Building looks after it was set on fire in February by elite commandos of the Security Service of Ukraine. There were protesters inside the building when the fire started...


Nowadays people lay flowers and candles on the barricades where the fierce fighting took place during the revolution.






The text on the photo below says: "People, start to think".


The graffiti is dedicated to the Сelestial Hundred (to all the heroes who lost their lifes during the revolution). The text on top says: "They covered us by wings" and on the bottom: "The Сelestial Hundred. Known and unknown ...".


Here is the banner with photos of the fallen heroes... Text says: "Remember them!".





Dynamo Stadium named after Valeriy Lobanovskyi is another place where the confrontation between the protesters and police was the fiercest.



On the last photo there's a huge banner with the text: "United country" written on Ukrainian and Russian languages. As for me, I live in the south of the country in the russian-speaking region, but I'm bilingual like the most of the people of Ukraine. Trust me, nobody forbids you to speak russian or any other language in Ukraine.


And if you have a few free minutes, watch the video below. This song became a non-official anthem of Ukrainian revolution. The song is called "Voiny Sveta (the warriors of light)" and it's performed by Belorusian band "Lyapis Trubetskoy".


Next post will be nail polish-related, I promise! :)

24 комментария:

  1. stay strong! We all support Ukraine! And I really hope everything will back to normalcy pretty soon:)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. honey, be brave, hope this will all end soon... the world is really gone mad :(

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Вчера были в Запорожье. Очень радовало количество украинских флагов. В марштурках, в окнах квартир и домов. Это так радует и поднимает настроение при условии почти отсутствующих положительных новостей. :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. надеюсь, весь этот кошмар скоро прекратиться...

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. И я надеюсь, что Украину наконец-то оставят в покое...

      Удалить
  5. I see you have Ukrainian problems in your mind still and no wonder. We have news about Ukrraine on TV often still. I'm so sorry...

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. I hope that all that awful stuff will stop as soon as possible and that you'll be able to live in peace.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. Your pictures are so impressive... I cannot even try to describe the feelings they convey. You know, we can only know about the situation from TV and TV's not at all equal neither accurate neither impartial in such situations. I don't trust TV news so much. But you're always on my mind when I see or read about what's happening in Ukraine. Definitely hope things will get better and solved ASAP. A big hug my dear! Don't get lost :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  8. Thank you SO much for sharing this - I think of you daily!!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  9. When I first read your post I couldn't leave a comment, but I felt so sad. Than the day after I heard again bad news about the situation in Ukraine...I really hope that things get better (and solved) soon!!

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thank you, Aly! I really hope too... I hope all the provocateurs and saboteurs will be deported from the country.

      Удалить

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...